Peer mediation is problem solving by youth with youth. It is a process by which two or more students involved in a dispute meet in a private, safe and confidential setting to work out problems with the assistance of a trained student mediator.
The Resolution Center has credentialed trainers to implement Peer Mediation into elementary, middle, and high schools.
Benefits of utilizing Peer Mediation in a school include:
- Reduced staff time spent on discipline
- Reduced suspension, expulsions and fights
- Empowers students to learn to resolve disputes by themselves
Other Student & Youth-Based Programs :
- School Truancy
- Special Education
- Juvenile Victim-Offender Mediation
- Restorative Justice Conferencing Program
- Annual Peer Mediation & Conflict Resolution Art Contest
To learn more about any of these programs or to find out which programs are currently being utilized in your community, please contact us.
- 2-Day Restorative Practices Training
August 19-20, 2015 LOCATION: Rahi Executive Center, 23550 Harper Ave., St. Clair Shores, MI 48080. (Easily accessible for I-94) COST: $150 for two days or $65 if only attending first day. Light breakfast, lunch and snacks provided each day. Check, Cash and all major credit cards accepted. ...
- 2014 Youth Programs Snapshot
In 2014 The Resolution Center partnered with Kelly Middle School, East Detroit High School, Clintondale High School and New Haven High School to implement Peer Mediation and Restorative Practices for Discipline. Here’s a snapshot of 2014:...
- Evening at the Movies 2015
An Extravaganza of Fun to Benefit The Resolution Center’s Dispute Resolution Program. This year's fundraiser will benefit our Youth Programs in Macomb & St. Clair County Schools. Help Support Peer Mediation & Restorative Justice Initiatives...