Peer mediation is problem solving by youth with youth. It is a process by which two or more students involved in a dispute meet in a private, safe and confidential setting to work out problems with the assistance of a trained student mediator.
The Resolution Center has credentialed trainers to implement Peer Mediation into elementary, middle, and high schools.
Benefits of utilizing Peer Mediation in a school include:
- Reduced staff time spent on discipline
- Reduced suspension, expulsions and fights
- Empowers students to learn to resolve disputes by themselves
Other Student & Youth-Based Programs :
- School Truancy
- Special Education
- Juvenile Victim-Offender Mediation
- Restorative Justice Conferencing Program
- Annual Peer Mediation & Conflict Resolution Art Contest
To learn more about any of these programs or to find out which programs are currently being utilized in your community, please contact us.
- 40-Hour General Civil Mediation Training
Michigan Supreme Court Approved Classes are held at The Resolution Center Main Office No classes currently scheduled. To be informed of upcoming training’s please join our mailing list....
- Re:Solutions February 2011
- Mediation: Getting to the Heart of the Matter
Many parties involved in civil disputes are overwhelmed waiting for their day in court and a chance to be heard. When the day finally arrives, they are disappointed if they feel that they still weren’t heard. They’ll tell their stories to clerks, their attorneys, and anyone who will listen. Even aft...