The Resolution Center is a non-profit organization servicing the communities within Macomb and St. Clair Counties in conflict resolution since 1993, whose mission in part in helping students in conflict. We are dedicated to enhancing the peaceful resolution and promoting the use of appropriate alternative dispute resolution and collaborative problem solving processes that emphasize cooperation, collaboration, and communication.
Why Choose Mediation for Youths?
- Avoids formal court intervention and can result is dismissal of a court petition if an agreement is reached that satisfies all parties
- Improves communication between families and schools
- It is confidential so that the parties are able to speak openly about the challenges facing students
Student & Youth-Based Programs :
- “Peers Making Peace” Peer Mediation
- School Truancy
- Special Education
- Juvenile Victim-Offender Mediation
- Restorative Justice Conferencing Program
- Annual Peer Mediation & Conflict Resolution Art Contest
To learn more about any of these programs or to find out which programs are currently being utilized in your community, please contact us.
We Can Help Transform…
- 2016 Youth Programs Snapshot
Thanks to your generous support we were able to serve the following schools in 2016: Clintondale High, East Detroit High, Kelly Middle School, Kellwood High School and New Haven High School. Additionally, we began servicing Sterling Heights High School in January 2017!...
- Restorative justice serves as alternative to ‘zero tolerance’ policies at New Haven school
David Gillis has contracted with New Haven Community Schools as its restorative practices coordinator for the past five years....
- Evening at the Movies 2017
An Extravaganza of Fun to Benefit The Resolution Center’s Youth and School Based Programs. Help Support Peer Mediation & Restorative Justice Initiatives...